Saturday, June 12, 2010

Surreal dreams

The Surrealist collection at the Tate Modern was inspiring! Our dreams and unconscious can bring such imagery to the canvas and here we saw them in colour, metal and objects that conjure strong imagery. I am determined now to paint my next dream visions and bring them to a Freudian or Jungian psychotherapist for interpretation. What those dreams would include would be journeys through multiple rooms, escaping obstacles and weaponry and an eventual victory over evil before arriving into a beautiful garden of peace.
I hope this is a good dream vision although my reality today was something as banal as an England World Cup match against USA that ended in a disappointing and humiliating draw. One goal each is as good as it gets for our national team. One point each on the league table and one point towards the last sixteen. I am determined now to forget the banalities of football scores and to concentrate on the meaningfulness of my dreams and to learn from their powerful imagery, like a Pollock, Burra, Picasso, Bacon and Miro.

No comments:

Post a Comment