Here, we were entertained by the dialogue and dance of this piece that sets out to tell the story of Las Vegas, which was the brainchild of a visionary gangster who gave all his heart and his money to both the project and to his girl. With the subtle set designs, costumes and choreography you are left marveling at the risks people took in those early days to turn a run-down town in the middle of the Nevada desert into the opulent gambling paradise that it is today.
How clever also to bring in the talents of famous architect and visionary, Santiago Calatrava, to design the sets and use his soft flowing, watercolor imagery to the stage of dance. A brave and successful collaboration.
The next morning, my bags were packed to leave on the early flight to London where my itinerary will include the Surrealist Visions at the Tate Modern as well as supporting the English team in their first World Cup match against the USA in an exclusive members club in Soho. Now why was I asked who I would be supporting this time? It's not just my citizenship but my strong English patriotism that qualifies me as an England Fan. I'm afraid my love for New York and my place of birth cannot supersede this though I do have a vision of building a piece of England in the middle of a warm, balmy island in the Mediterranean. How about the vision of England raising the Jules Rimet Cup high on July 11th?

No comments:
Post a Comment