Sunday, October 4, 2009

New York from a Non-Seinfeld Point of View

Within four decades I have come from Moulmein to London to New York. Today, the first day of my blog, I just happen to be watching one of my favourite comedy series on my large flat screen tv in midtown manhattan, Curb Your Enthusiasm, while trying to write my first piece. It's the "reunion of Seinfeld" show, the original everyday blog of an everyday kind of guy in New York, Jerry Seinfeld.  What a clever premise to put a "reunion show" into a current, popular series, weaving it into the storyline of a reality script. The whole "Curb.." series is a unique, titillating experience on TV with Larry David behaving as most people's secret inner ego. He voices every neurotic, petty, obnoxious point you can think of and throws it out to his entourage. It is totally unpredictable, embarrassing, cringing and yet highly entertaining. 
Though I cannot possibly wish to be in the league of David and Seinfeld, my blog will, I hope, reflect humour and every day life in New York as seen from my point of view - a British/Burmese/Armenian married to a great New York Jewish doctor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment