

I had a fantastic time in the West Village with Karen today. After the customary visits to consumer palaces for young people (such as Urban Outfitters and Abercrombie & Fitch) it was refreshing to be out in the open, on a warm, autumn afternoon on a terrace eating fine refreshments and just enjoying each other's company. So, glass of chilled Prosecco in hand and sun filtering through the leafy street near Perry and Bleeker, I decided I loved urban village life. We watched the locals riding past on their bikes, pushing their strollers and bouncing by on sneakers and lycra. Of course, the most famous local was conspicuous by her absence. Carrie's house was just around the corner from the atmospheric "Extra Virgin" restaurant where we were quite adequately sustained, so I finally got to see a local landmark from the popular and trend-setting series and movie for which I have a warm fondness.
Saying goodbye to my daughter with a "See you in Rio in January" line following the hugs and tears was not the best end to the day. Between now and then she will be off traveling half way round the world on her own. I will certainly be linking into her blog and following her trail. Good luck, Karen, and missing you already!
No comments:
Post a Comment